Translate

Tuesday, June 4, 2013


After my initial trip to Thailand, spinning my wheels in Vancouver, my buddy from Chiang Rai asked me for advice as to what kind of art he could put on the walls of the luxury villa he was in charge of getting ready as a destination resort. He needed something not too wild, a little contemporary, but now too controversial or anything. I suggested my stuff might do as an interm solution until he found something good.

So, in my "spare time" at the photo lab I was working I made the prints and shipped them off.

My buddy John Dunbar was ecstatic with the work and he went out of his way to frame them beautifully, with large mats and gorgeous teak frames. Here is a picture of my "Monk's Journey" as framed in the living room of Pa Sak Tong

 
 

I have a total of eight images framed hanging in the villa. In November of 2012, the Final Rose Ceremony of the Bachelor was filmed at Pa Sak Tong. While I don't watch reality tv this is where Sean Lowe proposed to Catherine. While John was anxious that the villa would be oohed and aahed about, I was equally anxious for my photos to be exposed. Unfortunately neither really happened because the tv personalities seemed to be oblivious of their incredible surroundings.

Anyways, anybody wanting to truly pamper themselves, a stay at Pa sak Tong would do it.



 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment