Translate

Monday, June 10, 2013

New culinary experience today. Went to neat little place for "jumping shrimp" or kung noi. You can guess why they're jumping. They're tiny, size of a thumbnail, river shrimp and define "fresh" Delicious as was everything else. But once again I wasn't up to the spice. Northern Thai cuisine is about 10x as hot as the "Give me your hottest" in a Vancouver Thai restaraunt. So........Dinner for 3......6 beers + 7 dishes= $12


For those viewing my site from my friend Richard's Cycling Art Blog, I'll try to include some cycling content. While I'm not a cyclist myself, I've had an interest in it sparked by my friend's enthusiasm. Chiang Rai is incredibly cycling friendly, as there is so much to see and experience within a 80km radius. Also the mountains and hills are pretty much vertical. I'll try to provide some links to people who write about  Thailand cycling much better than I could do.

http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2013/06/chiang-rai-turns-cycle-friendly/


No comments:

Post a Comment