Translate

Monday, June 10, 2013

During my first trip to Thailand in spring 2011, I had brought a pinhole camera with me.It is a beautiful looking, wooden handmade camera. It takes 120 film and creates a negative 6cm x 18cm for a super wide panorama.  Unfortunately, I had huge problems with it, as the film jammed and tore inside the camera. I managed only two photos from my first trip before giving up in frustration. I basically forgot about the pinhole camera for over a year.
Well, I'm not sure why, but I  decided to give it another shot and managed, with alot of tweaking, to get a roll through it. Now of course, I need to fine-tune my technique. I have absolutely no idea where I might process 120 film in Chiang Rai, and the logistics of scanning in Bangkok are a little difficult to manage. Anyways I'll shoot now and figure the other stuff out later, so updates with photos might take a while. Here's two of my initial. successful images...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment